Tuesday, February 8, 2011

My Little Hellcat Mully Died Today




My sweet little Mully died today. I found her dead in her litterbox when I got home from work. I've known for how long now, that she was going to die, but I still wasn't prepared for it. I guess you never are. I held her in my arms last night for one last time and said goodbye to her. I almost knew that she was going to die. Maybe she waited until I was gone and my Mom was too. It's funny that she kept herself clean almost right up until she died.

I got Mully over 16 years ago from a pet store. I saw her there a month before I took her home. She licked teriyaki sauce off my fingers and that's the first memory I have of her. I wish now that I would have taken her home right then and there. I was still hoping that my other cat Kiefer would come home, but he never did and I still don't know what happened to him. That's why I didn't take her home at the time. I'm glad she was still there and waiting for me. I think it was fate.

I remember when Mully was this little kitten and she barely had a meow. She was so cute and her body was all white. As she got older, her body turned darker and darker. She was a strange looking cat. She always kept herself so clean and beautiful and sometimes right after I pet her, she'd lick herself like I contaminated her or something. I'm glad that she was so clean. She was an indoor cat and she never did like to go outside. Sometimes I'd bring her out there with me, so she could chew on some grass and get some sun. She'd cry and cry and want to go back inside. She'd run when she heard the house door opening. I used to have to drag her out and sometimes she'd claw me to not go out.

I've never had a cat that hugged before. Mully used to hug me. She'd put both her hands on either side of my neck and I'd hug her and hold her. She always knew when I needed her the most and she'd come and hug me. She knew when I was upset and when I was angry and she'd always try to comfort me. One of my favorite things was holding her in my arms while I was sitting in bed and the sunlight would shine on her sweet face. She was my angel straight from Heaven. I always told everyone that. She was an angel and I thanked God every day for her. I thank God that he let her live for so long to be with me and I'll always have my memories of her.

It really hurts right now to even think about her and that I'll never be able to hold her again and she won't be waiting for me when I get home from work ever again. I used to find her under the covers on my bed when I got home. Even in the heat of the the summer. She loved to be warm and she loved to cuddle and hug. I've never had a more loving and wonderful cat.

Some more things about her. She used to love my denim pants. She'd crawl in my pants when I put them on the bed and try to sleep in them. She used to sleep on my pillow above my head sometimes. Her tail would flap in my face. I called her my little kooky girl. I had a lot of things I used to call her besides Mully. I called her Mully because of X-Files and I loved Mulder and Scully. I thought she was a boy when I got her from the pet store. They lied and said she was and I never checked. I was going to call her Mulder. When I found out she was a girl, I decided to call her Mully for both Mulder and Scully.

Well that's all I have to say about her right now. I hope one day that there is a heaven and when I die, I'll go there and she'll be waiting for me right along with everyone else that I've loved who has died. They say that animals have no souls, but I think that's crap. My Mully had the sweetest soul ever.

No comments: