Thursday, January 17, 2013

Supernatural Is Torn And Frayed


Yes, Supernatural is torn and frayed and so is Sam and Dean's relationship. The first part of this episode was boring yet again. I almost turned the TV off after watching Sam and Amelia and their boring scenes together. Jared and Liane Balaban have zero on-screen chemistry. I've never seen worse chemistry between two actors on any show I've ever watched. There is just nothing there and no romance to the story at all. I'd rather see Sam be with someone who helps make the romance scenes sizzle. Maybe the writers intentionally made this romance boring, for what purpose, I have no idea. I don't see the point of it at all, nor the relationship Dean had with Benny. Here's something that concerns me with what happened. Sam and Amelia had sex, so I hope to hell she doesn't turn up pregnant and not know if the baby is Sam's or her husband's. I really will drop the show if this happens and I could see the writers doing this. I certainly don't want the worst female character ever to end up with Sam at the end of the show. I'd be sick to my stomach. Or, Amelia will be pregnant and some monster will kill her and the baby or be after them.
And I'm still wondering if Sam's time with Amelia was real or not. Dean never met her in person the way Sam met Benny. I'm sure she's a real person, but did Sam really spend time with her or was it all in his head.
Amelia saw Sam outside the window. I don't know how because he was in the shadows. I look out the window from a distance and I can't see anything and if I did, it would just be a shape. So how did Amelia know that was Sam outside her window and how did she know he'd go to that bar so she could meet him.
Also the writers tried to make it sound like Sam kept showing up there in Texas. Amelia hasn't seen Sam for months and she told him, how could she move on, if he keeps showing up. Dean kept showing up at Lisa's door. We saw him do it how many times. I could understand when she said that to Dean, but not Amelia.
And the fact that Sam and Amelia just hopped into bed after not seeing each other for so long, is really goofy. When Sam told Dean that he had to go clear his head, did he just imagine Amelia going to that room and not finding him. Where you actually saw Dean talking to Benny and telling him goodbye? The writers made Benny more real and they made Amelia more unreal and unrealistic. I'm hoping and praying that's the end of Amelia, but I really fear it's not. I know it's not the end of Benny, yet. Hopefully, that will happen because I'm sick of Dean making friends with how many supernatural beings and then basically Sam has to be friends with them as well or else.
Castiel was the saving grace for the show once again. I loved all the scenes he was in, but the rest were crap.
I don't care about stupid tablets that are supposed to be the word of God. The whole story with Kevin and the tablets is boring and stupid. Naomi is interesting because you wonder if she hasn't been the one pulling Castiel's strings all along since he first showed up to Dean. Who was really giving the angels orders in Heaven? It sure wasn't God. Naomi probably was the boss of Zacariah even and pulling his strings. I hope this storyline goes somewhere, otherwise it will be stupid.
I feel nothing when Sam and Dean are together anymore. I used to think they loved and cared about each other, but now I don't. Even having them fighting this season over crap is stupid and pointless. It does nothing for either of their characters. Dean was supposed to have changed from going to Purgatory. He seems the same to me. Every season, he is the exact same. Sure he might drink heavy in one season and then not in the next, but he's basically the same. He never changes and still acts the exact same way.

Supernatural is torn and frayed and I blame Jeremy Carver for this. He's the worst show runner ever. He's made the show boring and like a soap opera instead of what it once was. The show used to be about Sam and Dean hunting monsters and fighting evil. Now it's about them fighting each other and boring scenes with them with their new lovers or whatever. There's hardly any action or excitement anymore on the show. It's just talking and boring empty dead scenes. I used to get excited to watch an episode again right after it aired. This season, I haven't even wanted to re-watch one episode. If I do go to watch one, I only watch certain parts of it and then I turn it off. I doubt I'll be buying the DVD set when the season is over. That will be the first time in seven years that I don't want to buy them. I used to get so excited and I'd run to the store. Doubt that I'll do that, unless the last episodes really are good. Otherwise, there is no point. I still love the show and all the past seven seasons. Hopefully, Carver pulls his head out of his butt and delivers something good like he did in season 3.