Monday, July 20, 2009

All I Own In This World And My Greatest Treasures

I've just been thinking about this and decided to write it down. What do I own in this world? The only thing I really own are my memories and they are my greatest treasures on this Earth.

I'm 40, so I have a whole lot of memories. I see things in my head, like someone watching a video or looks at a picture. Every person, pet, place, song and a whole lot more are stored in my head. People always ask me how I remember all the stuff that I do. I think I remember everything because it is important to me. I remember simple things, but some of those things are greater than any rich man's treasures or possessions.

People I love have died, but they still live on in me. I take those people everywhere that I go and they are with me always. I see their sweet smiles and I hear their voices, sometimes they are angry or something else, but I still love the memories of them.

Some might think I'm crazy, but I've learned a lot over time. When I was younger, I always heard those sayings, like "The Grass Is Not Always Greener On The Other Side Of The Fence" and I thought they were stupid. Now, I believe in how many things.

I believe that there is a God and I believe in Jesus Christ. Why do I believe? When I've been so depressed, that I felt like I was going to die, just from wanting to so much and I didn't think I was loved or worth anything, I felt some one's presence and heard a voice in my head. Some might think I'm crazy, but I believe that was either God or my guardian angel. When my own mind was telling me that I'd never be happy and I'd always be miserable, this voice kept saying, I just had to wait and that I wouldn't be miserable or depressed always.

I thought that no one loved me in this world. I found some one who loves me, and I found out that this person was myself. I had to learn to love myself before I was ever going to be happy. I've been having a great life, since I found myself and started to love myself. That old saying is true, "You Can Never Love Some One, Unless You Love Yourself".

Why am I writing this on here? I writing it here because Jared and Jensen and all my favorite stars, singers, athletes and writers are part of my greatest treasures. Every show that I watch, every movie and TV star that I love, all the singers who sing my favorite songs, all the athletes who inspire me and all the writers who write great books that I read are all a part of what makes me be happy and I carry them around with me too.

My greatest treasures on this Earth are always with me. They are in a place where nothing can destroy them and I trust in God to keep them safe for me. If by some chance, I lost my memory, would I lose everything. No, I would not, I'd just start from scratch and start collecting and loving again.

People take videos and pictures of people they love and places they go to, but do they ever remember the joy of being there. I remember certain trips I've gone on with the people I love, but I don't have a lot of pictures and in some cases, I never took any. I take pictures in my mind and I remember things, just like I'm back on the trip reliving it again. I can picture myself in certain places and I can remember what the weather was like and everything. Maybe some people can't do this and I'm grateful that I can.

Pictures can fade or be destroyed, even electronic ones. Videos can be destroyed and lost and whatnot, but my memories and how I feel about the people I love will never be destroyed or lost or fade away.

Everyone I love on this Earth could die, all the animals I love could die and everything beautiful, but I'd still have those things, no matter what.

No comments: