Thursday, July 9, 2009

What I Love About Sam And Dean

What I love most about Sam is his compassion and his willingness to believe that everything isn't evil. People think that Sam has turned into John because of revenge, but I don't think so. One thing Sam has not done is see evil everywhere he goes. Sam looks for the good in people and the creatures that the boys hunt. Sam wants to believe that even they could be good, if they want to be.

What I love the most about Dean is his loyalty to family. Dean loves and is loyal to his family first and foremost. He could've left and went out on his own, when he got older, but he continued to be a hunter to help other people and to help his father. Dean protected and helped to keep Sam safe for most of his life. I love that the most.

Like I've said before, I hope that Sam is not some kind of monster and that he is something more. I want to believe that Dean spent his life protecting Sam for a reason. A good reason, not that Dean protected someone that was just going to turn evil. I don't know what Kripke and Co have planned, but I hope that both Sam and Dean will be the brothers that I love them to be and not turn into something that I'll hate or not want to watch anymore. I want to see something good come out of this Apocalypse storyline and that both Sam and Dean have a part to play in saving people and doing good. Who wants to watch a show where Sam and Dean are against each other? I certainly don't and I don't think that's where Supernatural is headed. I could be wrong or I could choose to believe that Kripke will make this continue to be a show about two brothers fighting evil, not becoming evil themselves or fighting each other. I'll have to wait and see what will happen and hope for the best.

No comments: